AI project. =)

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) Jarvisb at timken.com
Wed Aug 14 18:06:30 UTC 2002

> From: Jecel Assumpcao Jr [mailto:jecel at merlintec.com]
>
> Alan Grimes wrote:
> > I don't think that he
> > is asserting the existence of an unavoidable law that
> > causes software to bloat; note he begins with the
> > phrase "If anything...".  He is using a rhetorical
> > device to rebut Belief #5 (That qualitative as well
> > as quantitative aspects of information systems will
> > be accelerated by Moore's law).
>
> I think he was trying to dash the hopes of some of his
> critics that Moore's law will last forever.

I think that he was pointing out that Moore's law is limited to hardware,
not to software.

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company