SqueakMap shaping up...

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Aug 14 19:48:23 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 12:03 pm, Norton, Chris wrote:
> [I'm implying here that a version compatibility success/failure
> chart could be built in for each item in the SqueakMap -- a simple
> automated feedback URL could be requested after each download]
>
> 5.  Tim also has a 2.9 image.  He goes to SqueakMap and downloads
> Sally's feature.  John downloads the 2.9 version of the
> enhancement.  Tim is not happy -- the enhancement does *not* work
> on Acorns.  He adds a comment to the SqueakMap, declaring that the
> feature does *not* work with his configuration (Squeak 2.9, Acorn
> VM, etc.)

Perl's new CPANPLUS will (optionally) report the result of failed test
suites when you install a module. So you can go to CPAN and see what
systems/platforms the module seems to work on.

If there are Sunit tests with modules, perhaps part of the
installation could be to run the tests and report back if there are
problems.

An automated response with proper information is usually better than
"it doesn't work".

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com