SqueakMap shaping up...

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Aug 15 13:09:34 UTC 2002

(I just posted the downloadable release of SqueakMap in another message)

Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
> I looked at the SqueakAmp page and noticed that the description uses
> a <pre> tag. This causes the lines to run way out of the windows when
> the text
> is without cr (or is that lf). This is in Navigator 4.7 on mac.

Yes, I know. I need to add some simple "formatter" cutting down lines to
a maximum, making urls clickable etc. Some poor mans Swikifikation or
something.

> > I agree that the screenshot/thumbnail-thingy should not be on the
> > frontpage.
> >
> > Another thing btw - there is nothing stopping anyone from opening up a
> > "local" web UI on the local slave map. Well, that would need another
> > changeset with Comanche but otherwise it works fine. But you could "mess
> > it up" by modifying it - the slave is (to begin with) intended as a pure
> > slave mirror.
>
> I think there should be nice to have diffrent access for diffrent
> audience.
> Squeak is for kids of all ages, so a cool page will not hurt :-)

Yes it would be cool if we could have different access. The current
codebase allows us to set up mirrors with different UIs as long as
modifications is only done on the master. The next UI to implement is of
course the Morphic SqueakMap browser which will be THE interface for
SqueakMap.

If anyone is interested in that I am listening - I haven't done any such
stuff in Squeak yet but I have some ideas.

regards, Göran