[ENH] Yet another video camera handler

Ohshima, Yoshiki Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com
Thu Aug 15 18:10:46 UTC 2002

  Hello,

  During the course of writing this piece of software, I
noticed a similar work done by Diego Gomez Deck and his
friends, but I just wrote another SqueakPlugin (in
the ".DLL" sense) for capturing the video stream input.

  The features of this plugin, which I call
DShowVideoDecoderPlugin, are as follows:

  * Supports wide variety of input devices ranging from USB
    web cam to decent FireWire DV Cam.
  * Can bypass the Squeak display mechanism, if you want.
    (Bits can be sent to "stWindow" directly.)
  * Can keep up to DV cam's 30 frames/sec on reasonably fast
    computers, even if you copy the bits of every frame to
    Squeak Form.
  * Simple interface to start/stop the decoder.

  The downside of this is:

  * Only works on Windows and possibly only works on recent
    versions of Windows.
  * It doesn't do audio.

  Anyway, if you are interested in it, please take a look at
my web page at:

  http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/DShowVideo/

  Enjoy!

-- Yoshiki