Squeak3.2 for linux

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Thu Aug 15 19:04:54 UTC 2002

Hi Lex,

> Darn, that README went out of date within a few days.  Anyway, the swiki
> page is the newest, and I guess the README should just point to the swiki
> page.

I don't think so, if someone gets as far as the ftp folder containing the
actual packages, and there's a README there, let it include the
information they need. Sometimes the swiki is down.

> You also need to create a file /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/squeak which contains
> this line:
>
> Acquire::ftp::Passive::st.cs.uiuc.edu "false";

Aha, yes let's get this into the README's if it's truly needed. I didn't
seem to need it though ?

> It's truly missing, for some reason.  I emailed Bruce a new set of
> packages, but they haven't been uploaded yet.

I responded positively re your new packages in separate mail.

Thanks again,
-Simon