SqueakMap shaping up...

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Fri Aug 16 05:33:56 UTC 2002

Tommy Thorn <tt1729 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Göran, great work on SqueakMap.

Thanks.

> If I can add to the feature creep list, I would like having an indicator

Of course! :-)

> of status (eg, sketchy/prototype, experimental, alpha, beta, working,
> finished, ...), either from the author or averaged from votes on the web.

This is an attribute that I currently was thinking of solving using
categories.
Yesterday evening I added a mandatory category called "Maturity level"
with a set of subcategories. Take a look at:
> http://marvin.bluefish.se:8000/sm/category/49b75e94-d5a8-45db-a937-fd6a493e7191

(this morning I noticed a bug in category admin which made the category
tree a bit corrupt, should be repaired now)

You can also see that when I added this category (with subcategories)
using the administration UI (which only I know the password to) they
where automatically added to the registration UI:

http://marvin.bluefish.se:8000/sm/regpackage

As were also the "Squeak versions" category, also mandatory.

> Just my 0,05 kroner,

Thanks!

>    Tommy

regards, Göran