[ENH] Yet another video camera handler

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Fri Aug 16 16:46:03 UTC 2002

Hi Marcus,

<QUOTE>

I don't think it makes much sense to add such a big change to the VM on
one architecture but not on all others.... One important part of being
"write one run everywhere" is using the same sources on all
plattforms...

</QUOTE>

	I wholeheartly agree with your comments. I think that all
Squeakers would love to have a unified Squeak.

	Even StableSqueak was planned to be folded back into the
mainstream Squeak. :-)

	Let's hope the folks who are maintaining the VM's will take a
look at MobVM and give it some thoughts and supports.

	I wonder if I just bluntly spam them with a 1MB attach would
help ;-)

<QUOTE>

Your vm-changes seem to be more of the kind of things that would be more
appropriate for the V4-vm project, not production VMs.

</QUOTE>

	Again, this is also what was planned. That's why it was not
released before 3.2 went Gold.

	SqM is very experimental. It is an experiment in, as Alan said,
objectification (?) of the VM.

	More importantly, it is an experiment in the Mob concept in the
Squeak community.

	SqM is just a prototype for the community to experiment with.

	Hopefully, the community will come up with a unified
componentized VM.

<QUOTE>

Why not put it on the ftp-server? The Swiki should have a page that
discribes what it is, how to get it, etc...

</QUOTE>

	Sounds good. Do you know of any FTP server with some spare disk
space ?

	I know I am a lousy writer, especially a technical one.

	But I will start a Swiki page and hope others will make that
page better.

	Thanks for your thoughts about MobVM.

	Cheers,

	PhiHo.