mp3s sound funky on Squeak ( Windows )

John Hinsley johnhinsley at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 20:07:23 UTC 2002

On Monday 19 August 2002 18:53, Brent Vukmer wrote:
> When I open the MPEGPlayer on a 3.2 image or a 3.3a image, and select an
> MP3 file, then press the play button -- it plays, but it sounds really,
> really garbled.  How should I troubleshoot what's going on?
>
> I'm running on Windows 2000 and I should have the latest updates for both
> 3.2 and 3.3.

This does sound rather like what I'm getting in Linux. See the "sound with
linux rpm" thread.

Small sounds (say putting something in the trash can) are OK.

Speaker manWithHead say: 'Insert your favourite insult here'.
comes out wierd.

mp3s are played, but don't sound as they should.

Is that how it is for you? I wonder if this could be a recent problem: my old
3.2 and 3.3 vms (now consigned to oblivion) on Linux and Windows played all
this fine.

Cheers

John