mp3s sound funky on Squeak ( Windows )

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Mon Aug 19 19:54:26 UTC 2002

Thanks for the help, guys.  By the way, I'm running the 3.2.2 Windows VM.

I tried a couple of the Speaker class examples, they sound like they're garbled as well.

I tried Johh McIntosh's script below ( thanks for not telling me to RTFM for MPEGPlayer, John ... ) and got a debugger because the MPEGPlayer instance's "external" variable was nil.
I tried doing 'debug it' on the script below and found that the first line of code in MPEGPlayer>>initialize is returning nil.

MPEGPlayer>>isFileValidMPEG is returning false for  this filename:
'C:\My Music\BlindBoysOfAlabama\RealWorld\Last Time.mp3'

It looks like isFileValidMPEG is a call to a primitive.  Any suggestions for how to debug a primitive?

"Run this"

| foo |
foo _ MPEGPlayer playFile: 'my.mpg'. "provide the file name here"
foo playStreamWaitTilDone: 0 "To play audio/video as currrent process"