[ANN] SqueakMap-020815

Tom Rushworth tbr at mannynkapy.net
Mon Aug 19 15:35:06 UTC 2002

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 09:51:34AM +0100, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 August 2002 11:07 pm, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
[snip]
> > > template? I have a visual design in my head and NO, NO, NO, it does
> > > NOT use a tree widget :-)...
[snip]
> Well, since I don't fancy the tree widget (in general in any GUI or OS)
> I am thinking of a design similar to a normal browser actually:

If you don't like tree widgets :), consider the Mac OS X (or NextStep)
directory browser paradigm.  Multiple columns, with any given column
showing the contents of the selected item from the column to the left.
This has problems too though - for example you can't look at the contents
of two directories at the same level at the same time.

Another browser to look at is the squeak whisker browser.

--
Tom Rushworth