[MinneStore] - On the road again

reic0024 at d.umn.edu reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Aug 21 05:59:11 UTC 2002

"Magistrello Alejandro (SFA)" <magistra at TELEFONICA.COM.AR> wrote:
> well, i´m interested in knowing that too.
>
> Stephen Pope used this for SIREN when he a and others ported SMS to Squeak.

As is evident in the SMSBrowser source- it refers to the Siren class.

I've decided to use SMS instead of Magma for Dynapad.  Mostly because
it'd be more work than I expected to get Magma working in a 2.8 image,
but also because SMS is substantially smaller.

Has anyone done any performance comparisons of SMS and Magma?

Anyone know what became of SqueakAttic?  Would be another thing for
OODBers to look at as a possibility.

> Yes, reed more at http://minnestore.sourceforge.net/msfaq.html#naming
> The autor (Jonathan Carlson) says
> "I grew up in Minnesota and have recently returned to Minneapolis after 11
> years in the Chicago area. Since many places in Minnesota start with "Minne"
> and since I am pretty proud of my home state, I incorporated its name into
> the name of this product."

Ah, swell. I can vouch for that- Minnesota is an incredible place to
live.  And the MN State Fair starts tommorow to boot! :)

Regards,
Aaron