Trying to understand Browser

Roel Wuyts roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Aug 21 14:32:34 UTC 2002

Hmm, distinguishing is hard, I think. Probably some are indeed
leftovers, but you cannot be sure. If I find someone to work with me on
the StarBrowser in Squeak at CS5 in Douai this week-end, I might be able
to have a look at these things.

On Wednesday, August 21, 2002, at 05:08 PM, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
wrote:

> Roel Wuyts <roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
>> [I haven't been using Squeak for a while and didn't really followed the
>> mailing, so sorry if my reply to this mail doesn't make much sense.]
>>
>> If the point is to remove all the changed: messages because they are
>> currently not being used, then I think that it is a big mistake. I am
>> thinking of porting the StarBrowser to Squeak, but I want a decent way
>> to capture all kinds of system related events like that. If you want to
>> remove the 'self changed: #whatever things because there now is another
>> kind of event mechanism: fine. If you want to remove them because there
>> are tools that currently do not take advantage of these things: please
>> let them stay. Otherwise I'll probably need to add them again later...
>
> Good point. I probably mistakenly thought they where "leftovers" instead
> of intentionally placed events for others to listen to. Hmmm... could we
> somehow distinguish between those?
>
> I wouldn't dream of changing something that I don't understand so don't
> worry! :-)
>
> regards, Gˆran

Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group
roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch                       University of Bern,
Switzerland
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/