[BUG]Collection>>removeAll:

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Aug 22 19:53:45 UTC 2002

Hi all!

Quoting Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu>:
> goran.hultgren at bluefish.se is claimed by the authorities to have
> written:
> > removeAll
> > 	self setCollection: (Array new: array size)
> No good I'm afraid - it is entirely possible that important things are
> done by each individual #remove: and besides, the new collection
> probably ought to be be of some default empty size, not the size of the
> original. Oh, and it's even possible the internal collection is not an
> Array.

Well, right now I don't have a Squeak handy, but I was talking about the
concrete implementation in OrderedCollection, not the base implementation in
Collection.

So, given that, I still maintain that something like that would be nice to have
- right?

> Aside from, good idea :-)

In short, I want this message to exist in Collection (with a typical iterating
remove: implementation as base implementation) and then specialized
implementations in subclasses like the above for OrderedCollection.

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek