Swiki pollution...

Russell Allen russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Fri Aug 23 08:20:07 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Ok guys, what are we going to do with all the "pollution" on the Swiki?

[snip]

> Personally I think I am all in favour of closing down the whole swiki
> with a password for changing pages and let that password be known on
> this Swiki or something.

[snip]

> The Swiki is THE most important source of persistent documentation on
> Squeak that is not inside the image. We should take better care of it.
> Btw, shame we can't currently easily remove pages - we are actually
> thinking of adding that capability for our own internal Swiki.

Maybe the problem is that it isn't in the image?  Make the swiki so it
can be only edited from within the image (ie Scamper).  You can still
browse it from outside, but to edit must be running Squeak.   This would
be a very simple change...

One advantage of this is that we can then start to get more interesting
integration happening between the swiki and the image - like merging the
super-swikis back into the process...

Why, for example, do I have to edit the swiki with strange text markup,
when I have a full multimedia creation software package sitting in front
of me?

Just thoughts,

Russell