Squeak Smalltalk: Language Reference needs update (Was: Array literals have changed?)

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Fri Aug 23 04:04:10 UTC 2002

Ken Causey <ken at ineffable.com> wrote about {...} syntax in Squeak:
	Ah exactly!  Shame on me for not finding it.  But!  This should be up in
	the "Literals (Constant Expressions)" section immediately after
	"Constant Arrays (Instances of class Array)".  At least it should be in
	the Literals sections somewhere since that's what it is, right?

No, {e1. e2. e3} is not a literal.  It's an expression.
Literals are constants.  This is an expression with parts that are
expressions that have to be evaluated.
{x+y. x-y} is no more a literal than (x+y)@(x-y) is.

	Why in the world it's between "Case Structures (Receiver is any
	Object)" and "Answer Expressions" is a bit beyond me.

Possibly because case structures use brace array syntax?