[GOODIE] FadingTTListMorph

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Fri Aug 23 18:43:43 UTC 2002

Tommy Thorn wrote:

> Jason Dufair wrote:
>
>> Glad you dig it, Tommy.  I'm aware of the type ahead issue.  I
>> probably need to figure out some priority for my "smooth scroll"
>> process to run at so it doesn't drop some of the move events.
>

> I looked at the code and was surprised that it is this complicated.
> Can it really ont be done simpler?  Also, I'm worrid about the
> explicit delays in the code.  I though it would be enough to use the
> step method to handle the passing of time.

As far as simpler, I don't know.  I'm open to suggestion.  I've made it
pretty configurable, possibly adding somewhat to its complexity.  I did
build the #smoothScrollToCurrent method to be able to scroll to any
position.  This allows me to do PgDn/PgUp at some point as well.  Plus
it aids in the wraparound.

As far as the step method - this is what I will use instead of what I'm
currently doing.  Thanks for the suggestion.

>> Also, can anyone suggest a way to move all of the submorphs without
>> redrawing them?  In other words, turn off redraw, send #top: to each
>> submorph, then turn on redraw.  I would think this might help
>> performance somewhat.  Thanks!
>

> I thought that was the effect by default; that moving submorphs just
> updated the damage region and that the actual redrawing was done
> periodicly.

Thanks Tommy and Ned for explaining this.

Jason Dufair - jase at dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/
"Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness."
-- Beckett