Using TT Fonts?

Aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Fri Aug 23 19:40:13 UTC 2002

Hey all,

I tried installing a font with:

TTFontReader
	installTTF: 'C:\WINDOWS\FONTS\LSANS.TTF'
	asTextStyle: #Lucida
	sizes: #(8 10 12 18 24)

In a 2.8-based image, and the resulting font looks like garbage.  All
garbled up.

I made the little change I found on the Swiki at
<http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2235>, which improved the look a wee
bit, but the font is still pretty ugly and jagged.

I tried this with other TT fonts getting the same results.  It looks fine
when I right-click on the file list and open it as a Morph.

Other than installing something that interfaces with a plugin or C
library, is there any way to get installing decent looking TTF files
working?

Regards,
Aaron