[FIX][VM][UNIX] X clipboard fix for new Qt/KDE compatibility

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Aug 24 16:54:39 UTC 2002

I just upgraded my system to Qt 3.0.5 and KDE 3.0.3 and discovered
that I couldn't copy text from Squeak to any KDE (or other Qt) apps
any more.

This is because we didn't properly support the ICCCM requirements for
selection owners, which specify that we need to support the following
targets (in addition to STRING, which we already supported):

TARGETS -- this is a request from another app for what targets we
support. Qt uses this exclusively now, instead of asking for STRING
if TARGETS was refused.

MULTIPLE -- this would be a request to convert multiple target types.
However, since we only support STRING, we might not need to support
this. I haven't seen any requests for MULTIPLE targets yet, anyway.

TIMESTAMP -- I probably should add this but haven't seen any requests
for it.

The attached patch changes Ian's 3.2-5devel
platforms/unix/vm/sqXWindow.c to support TARGETS, and thus the new Qt
and KDE apps.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com