[VM][Win32] Can plugin DLL use synchronizedSignalSemaphoreWithIndex()?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Aug 25 13:53:27 UTC 2002

I am writing a plugin for Win32 which Interpreter>>signalSemaphoreWithIndex:
to notify Squeak of an external event. I want the signal to be sent from
a Win32 thread, and I would like the plugin to be compiled as an external
DLL.

In order to have my plugin play nice with other threaded parts of the
Win32 VM, I want to use the existing synchronizedSignalSemaphoreWithIndex()
function, which is declared in sqWin32Window.c and is compiled into the
main VM executable. But when I try to build a DLL with a reference to the
external function synchronizedSignalSemaphoreWithIndex(), I get an
undefined reference (of course).

Am I right in thinking that a plugin must be compiled internally in
order to be able to call synchronizedSignalSemaphoreWithIndex()?

Hopefully this is a dumb question and I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Dave