Using TT Fonts?

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Sun Aug 25 18:08:43 UTC 2002

> Incidentally, I've been working on exactly that problem and
> implemented a TrueTypeFont subclass of AbstractFont which
> displays antialiased TrueType glyphs more-or-less correctly.
> Since the character widths are fractional, there are certainly
> cases where old assumptions about integer character widths will
> break existing code (One such case in a central place needd to
> be fixed to use fractional widths at all).

Did you consider just using a scaled width factor?! E.g., using a factor
of four would give you roughly 300dpi and scaling this down is very
cheap (it would also stay in SmallInteger range for all of the
interesting cases). I thought about using this generally if it ever came
to using anti-aliased fonts.

Cheers,
  - Andreas