'TO BE OR NOT TO BE' QUESTION

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at mucow.com
Mon Aug 26 01:11:58 UTC 2002

Let me give you the lawyer's answer: it depends.  Requirements will
determine your answer.

Some thoughts that come to mind from your fragmentary remarks: If you
require CORBA, you will have to build your own remote corba interface,
so you might prefer a system that doesn't require you to do so.  If you
require connectivity to databases for which Squeak doesn't already have
a plugin, likewise.  If you require substantial cross-platform
compatibility, look carefully at Squeak.  If you require access to all
the sources and the ability to rebuild the system to spec from the
ground-up, Squeak is free open-source, Cincom isn't.