StrikeFont Editor?

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Mon Aug 26 03:59:49 UTC 2002

Jim Rosenberg <jr at amanue.com> asked,

>I'm looking for a Squeak StrikeFont editor. Does anyone have such a beast?

I don't know of one.  However... don't overlook the following methods already defined in StrikeFont:

edit: character
	"Opens a BitEditor on the given character and, if you
	change the bits and accept, it will alter the bits of
	the font."

widen: char by: delta
	"Changes the width of the given character by delta,
	preserving the glyph as much as possible."

alter: char formBlock: formBlock
	"Used by widen: above.  Supplies the old glyph
	to formBlock, and replaces it by whatever form
	is returned as the value of the block."

Even if you have to build your own font editor, with these methods available it should be pretty simple.

	- Dan