SqueakScript only needs a Dos window

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Aug 26 04:26:47 UTC 2002

> Deeper cut would be needed to prevent 'WindowPlugin' from being loaded when
> headless image like 'TestSQS.image' is run.
Take a look at the Acorn code in sqRPCWindows.c - it doesn't open an
OSwindow until it needs to. If the image never draws to the Display, no
window is created. Seems logical to me. I imagine it might be sensible
to extend this to not start checking for events etc until it really
needs to.

> BTW, if you are listening, Andreas, how do I list loaded modules ?
Smalltalk listLoadedModules provides a list of the modules (both
internal and external) that have been loaded - note that an internal
modules can be not-yet-loaded.
Smalltalk listBuiltinModules lists all the internal modules, whether
loaded or not.

These ought to be renamed to blah-blah-Plugin sometime before we get
confusion with image modules. I submitted a changeset to do this some
time ago.

tim

Useful random insult:- His mind is a few Hertz off its assigned frequency.