Use of Underscores

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Mon Aug 26 01:47:37 UTC 2002

John Dougan <jdougan at acm.org> wrote:
	What I'd love to have is Unicode support so I could use it's (sic.)
	math and greek characters in my code.  For the old pre
	Smalltalk-80 characters we could apply for a Unicode block, or
	just use the private space.

The only unusual characters Squeak uses are
U+2190 LEFTWARDS ARROW
U+2191 UPWARDS ARROW
which have been in Unicode since Unicode 1.0 at least.

Otherwise, Squeak uses the MacRoman character set, all of which
is covered by Unicode except the "Apple" character which Squeak
doesn't use for anything.

What "old pre Smalltalk-80 characters" does Squeak need?