Using TT Fonts?

Mosner, Hans-Martin, SD OI 2 Hans-Martin.Mosner at Demagcranes.com
Mon Aug 26 09:10:24 UTC 2002

(I'm sending this from a customer site - don't know whether it gets through
ok...)

Regarding Nick Brown's installation problem:
Move the method textStyle from StrikeFont to AbstractFont, and it will work.

Regarding Andreas' scaling suggestion:
Using a scaled width factor would not help much. Currently, character widths
are summed up
in Integer math, and scaling is only done as a final step, so it's pretty
efficient already.
By using the character widths as defined in the TTF file, we have a chance
of getting pretty
exact string width measurements, which is IMO a prerequisite for WYSIWYG
text formatting.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin