SqueakScript only needs a Dos window

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Mon Aug 26 20:30:50 UTC 2002

Tim,

> I like the idea of separating out the object memory and execution
> engine. The implementation details are simply details.

    Thanks for the encouraing comments. I appreciate it.

> I can't find any meaningful site to look at your stuff right now; google
> finds nothing intersting for mobvm and searching the swiki returns
> nothing for mobvm nor sqm.

    Others had similar complaints.  I got the message :-)

    I am planning to do something about that.

> IIRC you have been working exclusively for
> windows which means I can't use anything other than source code since I
> do not do windows.

    Hey, I do not intend to monopolize the MobVM market ;-)

    Thanks to Marcus, the source is available at :
ftp://ftp.ira.uka.de/pub/squeak/MobVM/

    Since this is the first source release, this zip is quite big, many
plugins are included.

    Next time around, only the plugins that are not available/compatible
with the mainstream version (like B3DAcceleratorPlugin) will be distributed.

    Hopefully, someone else will do something for other platforms.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.