Squeak chugging by on the Zaurus SL-5500

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Aug 27 10:31:52 UTC 2002

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 10:20:38PM -0700, Ohshima, Yoshiki wrote:

>   My dictionary doesn't have "doohicky"  (What is it?)

According to my American Heritage Dictionary (1971), a "doohicky" is
"Any unnamed or nameless gadget or trinket." This is a slang word which
has a funny sounding pronounciation. It is used when describing a small
gadget: I don't quite know what it is, so I'll just give it this funny
sounding name. Other slang terms like "gizmo," "thingamabob," and
"doodad" are used in similar ways.

Dave