[Flow] Problem [was: Re: Flow 2 alpha 1 released]

Ian Piumarta ian.piumarta at inria.fr
Tue Aug 27 12:50:33 UTC 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Stephan Rudlof wrote:

> Note: Before I had to open my echo port (Debian Linux) and set it from
> 'nowait' to 'wait' to avoid immediately closing the port.

You've a problem there, somewhere.  This should not be necessary.  The
'wait' flag controls whether inetd continues to make the service available
(i.e., will accept() additional connections on the service's port) when a
client is already connected (spawning multiple servers, as necessary).
Changing the value from 'nowait' to 'wait' should not affect the behaviour
of the service -- at least for the first client that connects to it.  (It
just means that you can't have multiple servers [for a single, given
service] running concurrently.  For 'echo' the flag should always be
'nowait'.)

Ian