[BUG][Flow2a1] re: broken (was "Flow 2 alpha 1 released")

Craig Latta craig.latta at netjam.org
Wed Aug 28 06:58:45 UTC 2002

Hi Stephan--

> ...FileServer>>initialize...

	Oops; FileServer's definition says it wants to use a pool dictionary
called "FileServerCommands", but that should be
"RemoteFileStreamCommands" (as defined by FileClient).

	I don't have time at the moment to investigate the restart problem you
mentioned, but I expect I will next week. (And it looks like you solved
your >>echoBytes problem via tweaking your platform environment.)

	As for >>userAgentString being undefined in
>>httpGetDocument:args:accept:request: and friends in (HttpSocket class), it looks like the 3.3a patch "4776xTPfixes-hg" slipped into my integration by mistake. The point of my changes to those methods was to use 'self initializeNetwork' instead of 'Socket initializeNetwork' (to free up the "Socket" class name :). The simplest thing to do at the moment is probably to just add >>userAgentString; I've included it below for convenience.

	Further discussion should probably happen over at the Flow list; please
join if you'd like to converse there.

	thanks!

-C

***

!HTTPSocket class methodsFor: 'utilities' stamp: 'hg 2/11/2002 11:31'!
userAgentString
	"self userAgentString"

		SystemVersion current version, '-',
		SystemVersion current highestUpdate printString! !

***

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist