[BUG][Flow2a1] re: broken (was "Flow 2 alpha 1 released")

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Wed Aug 28 08:03:53 UTC 2002

Craig,

thanks for your answer.

Craig Latta wrote:
> Hi Stephan--
>

>>...FileServer>>initialize...
>

> 	Oops; FileServer's definition says it wants to use a pool dictionary
> called "FileServerCommands", but that should be
> "RemoteFileStreamCommands" (as defined by FileClient).

So they go to Undeclared:

Undeclared keys
 a Set(#utterFailure #failure #mustBePresent #close #ok #DebuggingLog
#position #noClobber #Timestamp #clientStreams #commit #open #wait
#HTTPClient #isWriteable #clobber #CR #TFTPCorrespondent #temporaryFailure
#HTMLParser #tellMeMore #RandomNumberStream #Expression #binaryness #write
#read #CrLf #TimeStamp)

> 	I don't have time at the moment

I know this problem ;-)

> to investigate the restart problem you
> mentioned,

This is not my primary problem, ...

> but I expect I will next week. (And it looks like you solved
> your >>echoBytes problem via tweaking your platform environment.)

...but this:
  Socket performExamples
definitely doesn't work for me. It fails in
  TCPSocket class(Socket class)>>echoBytesOn:
(as shown in the debugLog in the mail with the debugLog ;-) ). I think a
part of the error is at the ST side (at least error handling).

> 	As for >>userAgentString being undefined in
>
>>>httpGetDocument:args:accept:request: and friends in (HttpSocket class), it looks like the 3.3a patch "4776xTPfixes-hg" slipped into my integration by mistake. The point of my changes to those methods was to use 'self initializeNetwork' instead of 'Socket initializeNetwork' (to free up the "Socket" class name :). The simplest thing to do at the moment is probably to just add >>userAgentString; I've included it below for convenience.

This patch works.

> 	Further discussion should probably happen over at the Flow list; please
> join if you'd like to converse there.

I'll limit further discussion to there for the time beeing.

Greetings,

Stephan

--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)