Using TT Fonts?

Aaron reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Aug 28 19:47:06 UTC 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:

> I'm currently working on extracting TrueType data from the Macintosh fonts
> (using FFI, this is fun!).
> Does anybody on the Windows side of the world have code which does the same
> for Windows
> in a version- and installation-independent way?

The FontPlugin.dll and StrikesFromHost.2.cs by Andreas Raab we were
discussing up this thread does just that- uses a plug-in (perhaps could've
been done with FFI) to tie into Windows's font system and
extract/convert the data.  Email Andreas for the source to his
FontPlugin.dll, that would have the C source for getting at fonts in
Windows, methinks.

Regards,
Aaron