Info about Morph

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Thu Aug 29 15:56:46 UTC 2002

subroto mukherjee wrote:
> Hi
>         I'm looking for some information about Morphic environment. Can
> anybody give me any reference to online info about it ?

MEE TOOO!! =P

Yesterday I went to the wiki and read everything I could find on
Morphic. There was some good inf0z there but I am still lacking...

One of the best clues there was a refferance to "FormCanvas", which
appears to be able to create a desktop environment. I am now wondering
how to make use of this for creating the AI's UI. One thought I had was
to draw stuff to it then update the Form object in ImageMorph
iteratively... As performance may become an issue in this application, I
would prefer to push the bits at a lower level.

The AI's visual processor will need relatively high performance access
to the pixels of Form, it seems that the methods in Color will handle
the intial pixel-level analysis...

To pay for the advice I have been getting I'll explain some of my
thinking about how this works. One is tempted to think that a graphical
immage on a conventional display is a two dimensional object. It is
actually a *FIVE* dimensional object. In addition to the obvious two,
there are two other dimensions orthogonal to that. The first of these
higher dimensions is represented to the mind in the form of the qualia
of intensity/brightness. This can be plotted as points in a space and by
finding a good viewing angle, one can make out the shape of the immage
being represented. The other two dimensions are COLOR and TIME.
Combining the spatial dimensions, one finds that the four dimensions are
each processed by distinct neural circuits in the brain. It is my
intention to attempt to write a functional equivalent for this system.

The human visual system adds to the above a spatial perception but that
is unneccessary for what I'm attempting in this project.

--
Latancy is your enemy.
Bandwidth is your friend.