[BUG] WorldWindow not correctly drawn.

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Aug 29 22:49:26 UTC 2002

On Thursday 29 August 2002 06:01 pm, Alan Grimes wrote:
> When I do:
>
> ATest _ WorldWindow new openInWorld.
>
> I get a really messed up system window.
>
> The class comment which is there (YAY!!!) says it should have a red
> bar which changes color when it is given focus.
>
> It does the exact same thing with my clean control image.
>
> Does anyone else have the same problem?

I'm not sure that that's even used any more. And even if it were, I
don't believe that you're using it the way it wants to be used... I
think it needs to have an internal World. Take a look at the examples
on the class side (but save your image first, because you won't be
able to escape the inner world!).

And, as you note, its layout is messed up.

ProjectViewMorph (inside a SystemWindow) and EmbeddedWorldBorder seem
to be used currently.

You can see how these operate by creating a new Morphic Project and
then returning to the previous project, where you should see
(depending on your Preferences) a little SystemWindow with a
thumbnail of the world you just left. This thumbnail is a
ProjectViewMorph.

If you click-and-hold the red button over the thumbnail (perhaps
moving the mouse a tiny bit after a while), a menu will come up
eventually. Choose "ENTER ACTIVE" and you'll see the world-in-world
stuff that's currently used (an EmbeddedWorldBorder with a scaled
view of the world inside it).

What are you trying to do with the WorldWindow?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com