Debugger for Windows VM

Anthony Hannan ajh18 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 30 03:07:04 UTC 2002

Anthony Hannan <ajh18 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> Taking strip out of the make allowed cygwin gdb to read the debugging
> info; thanks guys.  But now gdb runs really, really slow, after it gets
> past opening the Squeak window (to slow to use).  Any ideas?  Do I have
> to fix majorShrink and run it on a shrunken image?  Would that even
> help?
Let me correct my report a bit.  gdb only slows down once it halts on
the seg fault error, before that, even with the Squeak window open and
operating, things are fast.  But once the seg fault is reached my whole
machine slows down terribly to an unusable state, and peculiarly, my
disk doesn't thrash at all.  I was able to kill gdb and then my machine
worked fine again.

Perplexed,
Anthony