Starting the clock...

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Aug 30 18:24:48 UTC 2002

On Friday 30 August 2002 12:28 pm, Alan Grimes wrote:
> I need a pixel-mapped view-plane that can be viewed on the sceen
> and inspected by a set of processing classes to be developed at
> some point in the future.

But you have one already.

It's "Display bits"; you can get Forms from (copies of) parts of it by
using
	Form fromDisplay: rect

Try this, for instance:
(Form fromDisplay: (0 at 0 corner: 300 at 300)) openAsMorph

If you need to display things on top of it, you can use a SketchMorph
or ImageMorph (or subclass that ignores mouse events); just make sure
its morphicLayerNumber is high enough to stay on top.

If you need to display things under it, you can use a SketchMorph or
ImageMorph (or subclass that ignores mouse events).

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com