ICFP 2002 entry?

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sat Aug 31 18:40:50 UTC 2002

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 gjjrs0somx001 at sneakemail.com wrote:

> >(No cybernetics either; it's just a board game.)
>
> It looks more involved than just a board game.

Yes, I'm prolly guilty of going overboard in the other direction.

>  You have to manage
> funds in bidding on move priority, and since there are multiple
> players and the turn order is indeterminant, I don't think a stock
> alpha-beta lookahead strategy is going to work that well.

True, but it should work. A random move strategy would *work*, in the
sense of playing the game.

Implementing *a* solution isn't so terribly hard. Implementing a *great*
solution is fairly hard. But implementing a *winning* solution depends on
the other folks participating who are bound by the same time constraints.

> Then there is the travelling salesman aspect to picking packages to
> deliver and what order to deliver them in.

Sure.

> All in all, it looks like a very interesting (and hard) problem.

Yes. It's certainly a challenge, but not an insane one when you consider
the entire situation.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.