[ANN] v3 of StarBrowser registered on SqueakMap: try it!

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Dec 1 09:11:10 UTC 2002

> And I will be adding the categories to the SqueakMap support, so the
> StarBrowser will fully replace:
>
> * PackagePanel (DVS tool)
> * CategoricalSMLoader
> * SMLoader

That's wonderful to see that this simple idea scales so much.

> etc...
>
> Any more ideas or desires?

Yes
I would like to have:

	- Do you have senders so that when we do do senders/implementors this
	can (with a shift for example) create a category instead of popping up
	yet another window.

	- for the methods in a class I changed the ExtendedItemChildrenService
so that I get
	"selector (Class)" and not "Class>>selector" because the class name is
useless
	in the context of the class and it takes too much screen space.

	- I would like to have the possibility to look for senders/implementors
	in the context of a classification. In fact I would like to have all
the normal
	way to find information possibly working on a classification such as
methods with string....
	this would be great.

	- I know that one guy did in VW a classification that selects
automatically the
	Test subclasses

	- Refactoring Browser taking advantages of classification ;)

Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/