[ANN] v3 of StarBrowser registered on SqueakMap: try it!

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Dec 1 14:36:04 UTC 2002

On Sunday 01 December 2002 01:11 am, Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> 	- Do you have senders so that when we do do senders/implementors
> this can (with a shift for example) create a category instead of
> popping up yet another window.

Yes, but you have to have a method selected in the category tree. I
need to add

Actually, I was thinking about having a switch somewhere between
spawning new (regular old) browsers and adding to a category. Then
there's the option of spawning a new SB with the results (which I see
in the VW version).

> 	- for the methods in a class I changed the
> ExtendedItemChildrenService so that I get
> 	"selector (Class)" and not "Class>>selector" because the class
> name is useless
> 	in the context of the class and it takes too much screen space.

I have the ItemLabel responsible for (for instance) labeling methods.
I can change this appearance. Though it may make sense to make this a
choosable preference (through selectable services)

When I add selectable service options we should be able to choose (for
classes) between seeing class/method category/method and class alone.

> 	- I would like to have the possibility to look for
> senders/implementors in the context of a classification. In fact I
> would like to have all the normal
> 	way to find information possibly working on a classification such
> as methods with string....
> 	this would be great.

I'm adding them. And I want to add

> 	- I know that one guy did in VW a classification that selects
> automatically the
> 	Test subclasses

I'm thinking about adding them too, with test results also below them.
(bye bye TestRunner!).

> 	- Refactoring Browser taking advantages of classification ;)

I wish. Maybe when we get Daniel using the StarBrowser...

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com