[ANN] v3 of StarBrowser registered on SqueakMap: try it!

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sun Dec 1 14:48:52 UTC 2002

On Sunday 01 December 2002 12:00 am, PhiHo Hoang wrote:
>     wrt the flipping triangle.

I'm using a bigger font and it doesn't look as bad.

>     As you said, it depends on the screen resolution.
>
>     For my system using 1280x1024, a smaller size
>     would look nicer. Again, this is strictly cosmetics.

What size do you think would be better?

You can replace them yourself right now:

ItemIcon icons at: #Left put: (Form ...)

If you have icons you'd prefer and would like to share with others,
put them into an ItemIcon subclass (probably adding a class instance
variable to cache them) and when I have selectable services (soon),
you can choose between sets.

I did have problems with sizing the toolbar; there are a variety of
things in SystemWindow and in my tree hiding/showing code that don't
work well with offsets in LayoutFrames. So I had to use a
proportional size for the toolbar. Which means that when you resize
the window the toolbar will resize.

I'd like to change the various #initialExtent methods to make them a
Preference (seems like I've done this before somewhen). This would
make it so you wouldn't need to resize as much. Of course, then we'd
have to change RealEstateAgent to keep the windows on the desktop
when they were large...

BTW, if you want a number of windows (including most browsers) to come
up with different sizes, you can define this method:

RealEstateAgent class>>standardSize: aPoint
StandardSize := aPoint

and then go:

RealEstateAgent standardSize: 800 at 600

or whatever.

Those numbers should be stuck into Preferences, though, so they can
get saved.

Hey, another add-on for StarBrowser: Preferences!

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com