[ANN] SqueakMap 1.05

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Dec 2 14:42:40 UTC 2002

Hi!

I just fired away a new bugfix release of SqueakMap called 1.05.
SqueakMap is now split up into a load script "SqueakMap" and a simple
package (ChangeSet format, no loose methods, no preamble or postscript)
called "SqueakMap Base".

I have tested installation in 3.2.1 and 3.4alpha - it works. (Hmmm,
haven't tested reinstall/upgrade yet though - oops, hope it works - will
check in an hour)

A bunch of small silly fixes are in, Neds changes for better exception
handling is included and the new load script installs SARInstaller, DVS,
PackageInfo from the start.

I thought of waiting for Daniel to include Ned's UI changes but then I
tested SM Package Loader and SqueakMap Browser and they seem to still
"work" - even though they don't have any ecxeption handling. :-)

So I just went ahead and published and the UIs will just have to catch
up. ;-)
I have sent Ned's ChangeSet to Daniel and I think he will integrate soon
and then the rest of us can do similar stuff in our UIs - eh... Bijan
and me that is.

regards, Göran

PS. The "proxy problem" is only partly attacked. The "SqueakMap" load
script does give the user a choice to proceed - but I didn't make the
same fix in #pingServer: - the problem is that if you do proceed and you
are *not* behind a proxy the current http-code seems to hang. I think
someone has posted fixes about this on the list - not sure. Anyway, the
problem still appears - perhaps we can check for a proxy and then ignore
the test. That would probably be better.