[BUG]3.4-5125 FileDirectory>exists faulty?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 2 16:38:07 UTC 2002

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> This doesn't assume that the directory contains anything at all. It
> just depends on the prim returning nil or an entry for index 1 (which
> it should), or #badDirectory if the directory isn't there.
Ack, you're right - I failed to look at the second line and follow the
full logic.

Unfortunately I will _still_ have to change te Acorn file plugin code
because I made a mistake six years ago. :-( A dud directory name is not
being checked for until AFTER the 'no more files' condition, which means
that a #badpath doesn't actually get returned for a bad path. Foo.

We really need to do better at specifying this stuff. Hmm, sounds like
normal software industry.....

tim
Strange OpCodes: DTFS: Dump Tape to Floor and Shred