mapping from xml?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Dec 4 00:17:51 UTC 2002

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Gustavo Pistoia wrote:

> Hi.
>   I used a framework called Castor in java. This framework takes an
> schema file (similar than a DTD) and generates classes to read the
> related xml. Is there something similar in Squeak?
>   C.U.

I did some work on something like that, quite a while ago - what I have is
available from
http://beta4.com/squeak/aubergines/source/XMLCoder.st .

However:

- there's no documentation
- it uses an old version of YAXO and will take some work to update
- I never finished it

So, feel free to poke around (it had some cool ideas), but I doubt it'll
be immediately useful to you.  The methods in XMLTestBoth will give some
idea of how it's used.