[BUG][FIX] FileDirectory (on Windows)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Dec 4 16:34:46 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 04 December 2002 07:47 am, Stephen Pair wrote:
> Recently, I've encountered a serious bug on Windows.  I've just
> starting running squeak out of c:\squeak, and I found that trying
> to install SqueakMap packages would occasionally cause things to go
> into an infinite recursion.  Upon further inspection, I discovered
> that it was happening on FileDirectory>>assureExistence...to
> recreate, you can do the following:
>
>         (FileDirectory on: 'c:\squeak') assureExistence

Oddly enough, on my Win2K system, the following answer true before
applying your fix:

(FileDirectory on: 'c:\ned') exists
(FileDirectory on: 'c:\') exists

Though I get infinite recursion on
(FileDirectory on: 'c:\ned') assureExistence

The fix you sent fixes the recursion.

What version of image, VM, and what kind of Windows are you running?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com