[BUG][FIX] FileDirectory (on Windows)

Stephen Pair spair at acm.org
Wed Dec 4 17:45:55 UTC 2002

Ned,

> The MoreFileFixes-nk change set that I posted on 30 November also
> fixes this problem.

Ok, I see why that fixes it...but:

A) why are you looking at the first item and not the zero-th?
B) why isn't the primitive answering the directory entries for 'c:' or
'c:\'?
C) this assumes that every directory has at least one entry...is that a
reasonable assumption to make (i.e. can that assumption be made on all
platforms)?

I'd recommend your fix (it's simpler and providing a good answer to A),
but I'd like to add my fix to DosFileDirectory>>driveName (it
accomodates the "\\c" notation in addition to "c:" and "c:\" notation).

- Stephen