Croquet alpha release(s?)

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Thu Dec 5 02:27:03 UTC 2002

> We haven't done any performance testing or tweaking at this point.

    According to Alan, 'This is a "gamma" release' already.
    (alpha and beta were not released ?)

    Is it still too early for preformance testing ?

    I remember reading somewhere, game/game engine
    developing should go thru 3 steps in order:

    1/- First, make it fast, things should move at supersonic speed
    (and who cares about few pixels off here and there.)

    2/- Second, make it correct  (hey, look at that guy, he's
    been fighting for hours and has not a signle drop of sweat
    on his face :-)

    3/- Third, make it right (like exposing props/attrs
    through interface instead of exporting them ;-)

    Anyway, thanks for the info, Andreas.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.