satisfiability solver in Squeak?

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at networkinference.com
Thu Dec 5 09:22:31 UTC 2002

> From: Derek Brans [mailto:brans at nerdonawire.com]
> I'm looking for an efficient algorithm to find solutions to boolean
> functions.  Does anyone have one written in Squeak?

No, but you might like to look for the GRAIL description logic system at
the University of Manchester, UK.  I worked on that system in the early
'90s; it was written in VisualWorks, but the bulk of the reasoner would
be portable.  They *may* have released it open-source, and they *may*
have converted it to do sat-based reasoning rather than the rather odd
stuff it was doing.

I have some good algorithms in C++, but unfortunately they're
proprietary.

		- Peter