[ANN] [UPDATES] Squeak 3.4 now in beta

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Dec 6 03:39:15 UTC 2002

Brian Keefer <mgomes21 at cox.net> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> > and even kbfFS (yes, the keyboard can be treated as a filesystem.
>
> So, would you have to use an absolute pathname to distinguish between the
> main keyboard numbers and the numeric keypad?
Interesting suggestion, but no, it actually provides _two_ keyboard
devices. kbd: is a line oriented read-only (imagine the fun of a
writable keyboard device; sort of brail :-j ) FS and rawkbd: provides
character oriented input.

It's all a bit wierd. Works amazingly well most of the time though. We
even have nice new machines to buy this year; Iyonix is a 600MHz XScale
machine with a decent memory bus (200MHz DDR ! Whooppee!) along with
PCI for grapchics etc and Omega has a more sophisticated CPU arrangement
but a 100MHz memory. I'm trying to work out which one to buy....

tim

Save energy:  Drive a smaller shell.