[ANN] StarBrowser v4 on SqueakMap

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Dec 6 20:57:23 UTC 2002

On Friday 06 December 2002 11:46 am, PhiHo Hoang wrote:
> Ned,
>
> > Do you mean that you made an ExtentionalClassification
> > (green bulls eye),
>
>     What/where is this 'green bull eye' :-)
>
> > or that you used the menu to add
> > the SqueakMap categories list?
>
>     I used the '+' icon in the toolbar
>     and 'right click' 'add list...'
>
>     Yes, I think SqueakMap has a icon with
>     2 concentric circles, is it green.
>
> > This works for me in a virgin 3.4 image.
> > Did you load this over a pre-existing StarBrowser?
>
>     I have only 1 copy of StarBrowser4.sar on disk,
>     my 3.4 image is clean (latest update: #5138)

OK...

I started with a 3.4-5138 image.
Loaded SqeakMap and then StarBrowser v4 from SqueakMap.
Select Root item.
Click the + button, OK.
click on the Root item to expand it
click on the Unnamed item to choose it

Drag.. hmm.. Preferences/enable "browse with drag and drop".
Close SB.

Re-open SB from World menu.
Expand Root, choose Unnamed again.
Drag class from pane at right of SB and drop on Unnamed.
Class gets added to Unnamed.

Does the above not work for you?

(I suppose I should turn on the "browse with drag and drop" pref in
the loader")

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com