Overriding DVS Naming Conventions (was: Weird DVS behaviour)

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Sat Dec 7 16:34:41 UTC 2002

Hi Avi,

They are PackageName/Something-SomethingElse, borrowing your technique.
I see what you've done with Seaside2Info.  Once you create the subclass
of PackageInfo, how do you get DVS to notice it?

I think I would like to override the general rule to begins with
'Package/' or 'Package-'.  I will be using the former often enough.

On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 01:00 AM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Derek Brans wrote:
>
>> Something has gone out of wack.  I'm noticing the following:
>>
>> I have a package in the list called "Seaside2".  However, all the
>> Seaside categories begin with "Seaside".
>
> They also all begin with Seaside/, instead of the usual Seaside-.
> This works because Seaside's PackageInfo subclass overrides the naming
> conventions (as for why, it makes for better use of the
> PackagePaneBrowser).
>
>> I have two packages that I just created which are not filing out...
>> their extension methods (methods in other classes) are filing out but
>> that's about it.  Asterixes do not appear beside these renegade
>> packages
>> when I modify them.
>
> Do their system categories follow the PackageName-Something convention?
> Or are they, for example, PackageNameSomething or PackageName/Something?
>
> Avi

Nerd on a Wire: Web and Information Solutions
Website Design - Database Systems - Site Hosting
604.874.6463
mailto:info at nerdonawire.com
For more information, visit http://nerdonawire.com