[ANN] StarBrowser v4 on SqueakMap

Rob Withers rwithers12 at attbi.com
Sat Dec 7 16:54:18 UTC 2002

From: "Ned Konz" <ned at bike-nomad.com>

> On Saturday 07 December 2002 08:21 am, Rob Withers wrote:
> > hi Ned,
> >
> > i don't know who's got the time ... but I would love to see croquet
> > versions of SM, SB and connectors.  avatars need more tools.
>
> So what would that look like?

heh, I have no idea.  the simple way out is to make it look like the croquet
inspector and property editor from the tools icon, at least for the SM and
SB.

as far as connectors goes, my stories go like this.  one should be able to
connect any two things.  The connections should be 3D, and any display of
annotations should be controllable.  Manipulation of connections and their
constraints should be direct and suited to working in a graphical
classification mode, which probably means that your avatars actions and
perceptions should be transformed through a filter.  I think an avatar needs
the ability to change clothes, and put on the connector construction
jumpsuit.  :)   you should be able to change your interaction to connector
mode.

furthermore, i'd bet that a connector model of a debugging stack or the RB
AST or a time/space profile would be extremely insightful.

rob